A water ionizer is a must-have appliance to have in your home when you want to improve your water quality and pH level. It will not only filter the water that comes into your home so you can enjoy safe drinking water, but it can also alter the acidity or alkalinity of the water. More alkaline water comes with many health benefits when it is drunk on a daily basis whilst acidic water is great for cleaning with.
This buying guide will tell you all you need to know about water ionizers. Also, in this water ionizer comparison we have included some of the best water ionizer reviews so that you can find out what kinds of units are available to purchase You should use this guide to find out what the best appliances are and why you should have one in your home. There are also some negative side effects that can be experienced from drinking too much alkaline water.
- Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe
- Platinum Plates: 7
- Removal: chlorine, benzene, trihalomethane, radon, pesticides, VOCs and hundreds of other harmful pollutants
- Other features: 4 options (4 ionized alkaline continuously variable; 1 non-ionized purified; 2 ionized acidic presets), Advanced 7-Electroplate Technology, Built-in Active Carbon Water Filter, Self-Cleaning, ETL certified, FDA approved plastics
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 4.3 x 13
- M9 Next Gen.
- Platinum Plates: 9
- Removal: Chlorine, chloramines, benzene, trihalomethane, radon, pesticides, VOCs and any other pollutants, bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Other features: Max Plate Technology, lead free, BPA free, Vitamin C Ceramic Block filtration, Advanced Reverse Action Dual Cleaning system
- Dimensions: 18 x 7.9 x 16.1
- Tyent UCE-11
- Platinum Plates: 11
- Removal: 99% of many contaminants
- Other features: dual filtration, lead free, BPA free, FDA approved plastics
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 17.5 x 8
- Bawell Platinum
- Platinum Plates: 7
- Removal: 99% of many contaminants
- Other features: PH Range 2.0 to 12.0 ORP Range +600 to -800,
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 6.2 x 15.2
- NEW IONtech IT-757
- Platinum Plates: 5
- Removal: 99% of many contaminants
- Other features: pH Value Range: 4.5-11 ORP Value: -850mv (Max), Ceramic ion membrane, Automatic 10 second electrolysis chamber cleansing, 7 levels of water pH, Active carbon fiber,
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 4.9 x 8.7
- Tyent 7070 Turbo
- Platinum Plates: 7
- Removal: advanced water purification with Electrolytic antibacterial system
- Other features: Automatic water outflow, Voice announcement, Touch screen with colour backlight
- Dimensions: 20 x 17 x 8
Top 6 Water Ionizers
- Top 6 Water Ionizers
- Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer
- Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer
- Life Ionizers M9 Next Gen. Countertop Water Ionizer
- Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- Tyent 7070 Turbo Water Ionizer
- What Is a Water Ionizer?
- What Is Ionized Water/Alkaline Water?
- How Does a Water Ionizer Work?
- Health Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
- Side Effects of Alkaline Water
- Understanding Ionizer Features
- Buying Guide to Choosing the Best Water Ionizer Machine
- Counter Top or Under Sink Ionizer Machine?
- Water Ionizer Benefits
- Water Ionizer Installation
- Water Ionizer Brands
- Water Ionizer vs. Reverse Osmosis – Which Is Better?
Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer
The Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer is a convenient water filter and ionizer system. It can be installed into your kitchen and is small enough to be hidden from view in a cupboard. You can enjoy safe, clean and enjoyable water for drinking that can bring you a multitude of health benefits when you choose one of these top rated water ionizers.
For the best possible performance, this water ionizer has 11 large platinum plates that can efficiently filter the water. It also uses 750 watts of power to give you a reliable and fast ionization process.
It is simple for anyone to use this under counter water ionizer, as it comes with a multilingual service to guide you when using it. It also has an interactive display panel. This control panel uses touch screen technology and is modeled on most modern smartphones, so if you know how to use a smartphone, you’ll have little trouble when it comes to operating the Tyent UCE-11. You can access all the advanced features that this system has to offer so that you can control the unit with precision.
This unit is made with 2 large filters that are built into the system. This allows around 99.9% of contaminants to be removed from your water supply before it reaches your faucet. Many contaminants that enter the home’s water supply can be harmful, so this offers you complete peace of mind.
To ensure that your ionizer will last forever, it is covered by a ‘Forever Guarantee’. This covers your ionizer forever so if at any point any faults should develop caused by parts or labor, the unit will be fixed or replaced.
Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer
The high quality Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe is one of the best water ionizer machines for your home. It can be installed easily to your existing water supply and you can enjoy safe and beneficial water to drink in your home.
This ionizer offers the user 7 different options for water ionization. You can choose one of 4 variable settings for continuously creating ionized alkaline water. This is best for a variety of ailments and to keep the body healthy. If you would like to keep your acidity levels at the same pH, but still want clear and safe water, you can choose the non-ionized, purified setting. For washing and cleaning, you can choose from one of 2 ionized acidic settings.
For the best possible ionization that is reliable, long lasting and energy efficient, this ionizer is made with 7 electroplates. The electroplates are platinum coated titanium to ensure reliable and long lasting quality.
To filter water as quickly as possible so that you don’t have to wait for the water supply to be available, this ionizer can filter water quickly using an in-built active carbon water filter. This filter has a long life span and can purify over 1,500 gallons of water before it requires replacement.
As this ionizer is capable of charging particles, it uses this to additional advantage. After each use, it simply reverses its polarity. This keeps the unit clean. To keep the plates clean without you needing to remember to do anything, after every 10.5 gallons of filtering, the plates clean themselves using the plates’ ionizing technology.
Life Ionizers M9 Next Gen. Countertop Water Ionizer
If you’re looking for a countertop ionizer that your entire family can use safely, then look no further than the Life Ionizers M9 Next Gen. Countertop Water Ionizer. You can enjoy some of the best possible benefits when you purchase this unit. It is high quality and built to last. With a limited lifetime warranty, you can enjoy complete peace of mind too.
For the highest possible antioxidant benefits, this ionizer provides you with alkaline water that has just the right pH level for drinking daily. You may be aware of some of the problems that can be caused when the body has too much alkaline in the digestive system. By using this ionizer, you can be sure that you will not be drinking too much alkaline.
To efficiently and reliably ionize the water that passes through this ionizer, max plate technology is used. This machine uses 9 platinum coated plates that are made from titanium. These plates are guaranteed for life so you can be sure that this ionizer will last you a lifetime.
A pre-filter system is included with this ionizer. This is custom configured and gives you complete purity and clarity with your drinking water.
This ionizer is the only one available to purchase that has been endorsed by doctors. It is listed in the Physician’s Desktop Reference.
You can enjoy a customizable experience and the pH level can be set to any number from 2.5 to 11 pH. It has an antioxidant ORP potential of up to -830mV.
Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
This Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine can produce safe and filtered water at various levels of pH. You can enjoy alkaline water for safe drinking or choose useful acidic water, which is great for cleaning.
This ionizer allows you to choose from a range of acidity and alkalinity levels. The range runs from 2.0 to 12.0 pH. This gives you plenty of choice and customization. You can also choose your antioxidant level between +600 and -800 ORP.
For simple installation, this faucet can be connected to either your faucet or the water supply below the sink. It must be installed on a countertop, however, so if you would prefer an ionizer that can be concealed in a cupboard or unit, this may not be the best choice for you.
You can enjoy peace of mind with this purchase as all Bawell ionizer machines come with a forever lifetime warranty.
This machine can offer you plenty of great benefits as it produced perfectly ionized water. As you can choose the pH level of the water, you can enjoy safe and healthy water to drink, or treated water for cleaning and washing. Alkaline water has been heavily researched and there are many great benefits of drinking alkaline water daily. Acidic water, on the other hand, is great for cleaning with as it is harsh and can break down dirt effectively whilst being gentle enough not to damage the items that it is cleaning.
If you purchase a separate electrolysis machine, you can separate the streams of alkaline and acidic water for convenience.
IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
For an affordable and reliable best alkaline water system, choose the IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine.
This ionizer can alter the pH of your water supply. Whether you want alkaline or acidic water, you can choose a pH level of between 4.5 and 11. Particularly acidic water is what you need when you want to clean. This will help to make the water better at breaking down dirt without causing damage to the items being washed. If you want to enjoy the health benefits of ionized water, you should choose a more alkaline level. You can also choose the antioxidant value that you want the water to be. The maximum value is -850V.
To ionize the water, this ionizer uses platinum coated titanium electrolysis plates. Whilst the system in this ionizer isn’t as powerful as some in the market, it is still highly effective at altering the pH level of the water. To filter the water in preparation for the ionization process, the IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine has an active carbon filter.
For easy operation, this ionizer has a 7 color display to allow you to easily choose from the 7 different levels of water pH that this system offers. If you simply want filtered water, then the system will leave it in a neutral pH level. If you would prefer acidic or alkaline water, then there are 4 levels of alkalinity and 2 levels of acidity to choose from.
After this ionizer has been used, there is a 10 second self-cleaning feature, which runs automatically.
Tyent 7070 Turbo Water Ionizer
The Tyent 7070 Turbo is also one of the best alkaline water system for home is one of the top water ionizers and it can provide you with all the features you could possibly need.
To ensure that your drinking water is completely safe, this ionizer does what most other models don’t. Water filtering and electrolysis are not usually enough to kill parasites and bacteria. This system, however, has antibacterial properties and can take harmful bacteria out of the water supply, leaving it completely safe for drinking. This advanced water purification system is unlike no other and even the water filter can filter water effectively and quickly.
To control this countertop water ionizer, a simple touch screen control panel is built in. It is easily visible thanks to the bright backlight.
A voice announcement lets you know when the ionizer is in operation and when the water is ready. It also has an automatic outflow.
This ionizer offers you complete customization and you can choose pH levels that range from the lowest possible acidity level to the highest possible alkaline. You should remember however that there are some negative side effects to drinking too much alkaline water. You should ensure that you keep to the guideline daily amounts and don’t drink water that is too alkaline for the body. The alkaline water that comes from this ionizer is smooth and tastes great. This ionizer can provide you with very acidic water, which is great for washing and doing the laundry with. Acidic water can be effective at breaking down dirt, which makes it great for cleaning with.
What Is a Water Ionizer?
A water ionizer is a modern appliance. It is connected to the water supply in the home and works to filter that water as well as altering its pH level. The pH scale is used by scientists to measure the acidity and alkalinity of substances.
The water supply that comes into your home, whilst treated and appearing to be clean actually contains impurities and chemicals. The ionizer will filter the water so that these impurities are removed. This is usually by means of a carbon filter.
Water ionizers usually have several customizable features. One of these is the ability to set the antioxidant level. You can also set the pH level of the water. Choose a pH above 7 for alkaline water, and below 7 for acidic water.
The alkaline water system for home is installed either on a countertop or in a unit. It is then attached directly to your faucet or to the water line below your sink. This allows the water to be treated and ionized before it comes out of the faucet, and the water has less distance to travel before it reaches you.
Different ionizers have different sized tanks. The size of the tank determines how much ionized water the unit can hold at one time. The more water that the ionizer can hold, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy your water. You can also enjoy a continuous stream of water with a larger tank rather than have to wait whilst the water is filtered and ionized. The best alkaline water machine for you will have the right sized tank for your family’s needs.
The water is ionized using electrolysis plates. This passes an electrical charge through the water, altering the polarity of the particles. You can use the control panel on the ionizer to set the pH of the water, and you can even set the oxidation level of the water too. To keep the unit as low maintenance as possible, most ionizers have a self-cleaning feature that automatically cleans the electrolysis plates after each use.
What Is Ionized Water/Alkaline Water?
Ionized water doesn’t refer to literally water with electrically charged atoms. Whilst the term ionization refers to dissolved ions, ionized water actually refers to the mineral content of the water. Ions in water are added by nature and include molecules such as calcium and bicarbonate. These molecules are collected in natural environments as water washes over rocks and other mineral sources. Even if you can find the clearest, purest water in nature, it will still pick up ions from somewhere in the environment which usually consists of a little hydrogen and bicarbonate. These can be picked up in the air.
The purest water consists of nothing more than H20 molecules, which settle loosely together to form a liquid. When these particles exist together, they can break up and leave positive hydrogen ions (H+) and negative OH ions (OH-). Water is considered to be acidic if there are more H+ ions than OH-, whilst more OH- ions mean that the water is alkaline. Pure water contains an even mixture of the two and is known as neutral.
The level of acidity and alkalinity of water is measured using a special scale, developed by chemists. You may have heard of the pH scale, which assigns substances with a numeric acidity value between 0 and 14. The number 7 is where neutral substances lie. When referring to water, a PH of 7 would indicate that the water is as pure as it can possibly be, with a neutral balance of positive and negative ions. More positive ions would result in a pH number of below 7 and are acidic. Water with more negative ions has a number that is more than 7 and is classed as being more alkaline. The number of positive and electric charges however always stays equal regardless of the pH of the water.
How Does a Water Ionizer Work?
If you’re looking for the best ionized water machine but don’t know how they work, water ionization isn’t as complicated to understand as you might think. It works in two separate stages and is relatively simple to explain.
The first step in ionizing is filtering. All water that comes through our home’s water supply is clean enough for washing with, but if you are considering drinking it, some locations can carry certain risks. Water is frequently contaminated with small quantities of industrial waste and pharmaceutical medication that has been discarded. Your water supplier won’t generally screen for some of these things, so if you want to rid your water of these contaminants, you’ll need a better way to filter them out than using a basic home filtering jug.
An ionizer will filter the water as it comes into your home and does this using a combination of techniques. Particles and bacteria are filtered out using a special filter, and depending on which kind you choose, you can rid your water supply of many undesirable elements. This can include pharmaceutical medication traces, bacteria, organic chemicals and even lead. Viruses, pollen, detergents and pesticides can also be removed using a filter.
One great thing about filters in ionizers is that they don’t filter out every soluble mineral in the water. All the healthy and useful minerals that exist in water to keep our bodies healthy remain in the water supply after filtering. This makes them better than osmosis filters or water distillers.
For the water that comes into your water supply, many manufacturers will try to sell you a various array of devices to filter the water. They are usually made from magnets, magnetic rock or ceramic.
In order to test the effectiveness of your water filter, you will need to measure the pH level and the oxidation potential of the water supply to your home, both with and without the filter in place.
The next step in the process is when the water enters the ionization chamber. This step takes each mineral and applies and positive or a negative charge to it. This separates the particles into alkaline and acid water supplies. The alkaline water supply is safe for drinking, whilst the acid supply is best for cleaning, watering plants and disinfecting.
When the water is split into two supplies, the minerals that are found in the resulting alkaline stream are all beneficial as drinking water. The minerals that are found in the acid stream, however, are not of benefit to health in the majority, so you can be sure that you receive the maximum benefit from the water. Unwanted compounds such as fluoride are extracted in this process.
The alkaline water also becomes an antioxidant. This offers even more benefits. The molecular make up of the water is altered so that rather than the H2O clusters being clumped into groups of 12 or so, the molecules are grouped in smaller numbers. This gives you a smoother, silkier and softer water texture. It is more pleasant to drink as a result.
When you choose a good quality ionizer, you will have a tastier and more pleasant water supply to drink without wasting any water, as the leftover product can be used for washing and cleansing.
Health Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
If you’ve been wondering is alkaline good for you, is alkaline water safe to drink, and what are the health benefits of drinking alkaline water, then the following list will provide you with all the information.
Alkaline water counteracts free radicals. It has antioxidant benefits and because of this, it is said that alkaline water can prevent aging. Free radicals have been blamed for some premature signs of aging that can show on the skin, so the absence of the free radicals in the water means that you can avoid the premature aging. Antioxidants in water exist as a liquid, and this is ideal for being absorbed into the skin. Alkaline water can work as effectively as possible when it comes to penetrating the skin and attacking free radicals. Alkaline water can prevent diseases in a similar way and some believe that by drinking alkaline water, a resistance can be built up against cancer.
Alkaline water is also known for being a great body cleanser. By drinking it, you can effectively clean the organs. The colon, which is a common problem area, is one of the organs that is said to benefit the most from drinking alkaline water. Alkaline water can be used to effectively and safely help fecal matter to move through the colon, preventing buildup, which can cause pain and even illnesses. You can use alkaline water to treat constipation and other similar issues. It is advised that everyone should try to drink alkaline water on a daily basis to keep the body as healthy as possible. Not only will you find that the condition of current ailments may improve, but you can also prevent harmful illnesses from occurring in the body. You can even keep colds and the flu away.
Not only can you cleanse your body on the inside and out when you use alkaline water, but drinking alkaline water is also a great way to keep the skin looking healthy and youthful. Keeping your skin hydrated is the best way to look young as the elasticity of the skin is improved. This means fewer wrinkles and lines, giving you a more youthful appearance. It also helps the skin to repair more quickly, so can enjoy faster healing from cuts and less scar tissue too. The skin will also be detoxified, which keeps it free from spots and other skin blemishes. Of course, you should ensure that you maintain a balanced diet, as eating too much acidic or alkaline food can offset the balance of the pH level of the alkaline water.
Better balance of food intake can help the skin to absorb the minerals from the alkaline water. If you are trying to lose weight, you’ll be pleased to know that alkaline water can work as an effective appetite suppressant too. You can drink as much of it as you like, as it has no calories. You will be able to feel full whilst not needing to eat as much food. Alkaline water will leave your skin and body feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
Additional Benefits to Health
If you suffer from pain in the joints or if you are recovering from an injury, you may need to think about drinking alkaline water. Alkaline water is good at lubricating the joints and the muscles around them. This can help to speed up the recovery process after an injury or can help you to avoid injury and pain in the joints. If you have had injuries before that affect the joints, or if you are prone to joint pains, you will find that alkaline water is beneficial to you. It also lessens the effects of arthritis. Because you’ll be drinking more water, your body will be more hydrated, which will mean that less strain is placed on your heart. When your body is dehydrated, the heart has to work harder, and other organs of the body also have a harder time doing their job properly.
Side Effects of Alkaline Water
Whilst there are many great health benefits to drinking alkaline water, it is important to note that there are also reasons why too much alkaline water can be a bad thing. Too much alkalinity in the body can cause the body to become imbalanced. The organs and the digestive system work together to regulate the acidity and the alkalinity levels in the body, but if you drink too much alkaline water without balancing your body’s pH levels with a proper diet, you may find that your organs struggle to balance this out.
To avoid alkaline water dangers, which can cause a rising alkaline level in your body, you should ensure that you alter your diet according to the amount of alkaline water that you are drinking. Whilst many believe that it is only increased acidity levels in the body that can cause adverse effects, too much alkaline can cause cells to decay in the body. The alkaline levels in the body, however, do not usually affect Cancer.
Unless you drink extremely vast quantities of alkaline water, however, it is unlikely that you will notice many problems. When you consume alkaline water, your stomach works to neutralize the pH by combining the alkaline water with the acid in your stomach. Your stomach naturally produces gastric acid, which is strong. If your stomach has to work harder, however, one of the consequences that you may experience is malabsorption. This means that your body will not be able to absorb as many nutrients as it should, and eventually, you will end up with health issues that arise from nutrient deficiencies.
Another problem that can arise from causing your gastric acid to work overtime is that you may end up with more viruses and illnesses. This is because the stomach acid exists to kill parasites and bacteria that enter the digestive system. If your stomach cannot kill all these harmful microbes, you will find that you will be more susceptible to illnesses and bugs as the over consumption of alkaline water will be actually helping them to thrive.
Understanding Ionizer Features
- Backlit screen – Backlit screens are a useful feature to have with ionizers. They allow you to easily control various features. The pH level of the water and the oxidation level of the ionizer can easily be set. You can also view the flow rate of the electrolysis. Other statistics and features that you can view on the screen include the self-cleaning indicator, purification, and acidic water level indicator.
- Carbon Filter – Carbon filters remove pollutants that can be dangerous if they are in the water supply. The problem is that these pollutants occur frequently in many homes’ water supplies so a carbon filter can be relied upon to removed things like chlorine, benzene and can act as an antibacterial defense. Long life filters can clean more water and as such last much longer. You will eventually need to place the filter, so you should make sure that these filters are easy to order and that you will be able to replace the filter too. Usually, this is not a difficult process and can be done in just a couple of minutes.
- Electroplate Technology – Electroplates are used to provide the ionizing function of the unit. These plates can be made from a variety of materials. Most modern ionizers have corrosive resistant plates that are made from titanium for extra durability. They use very little power, which makes the ionizer highly energy efficient. The plates are usually dipped or sprayed with platinum, which is strong and will not easily wear or chip off the plates. Solid plates are stronger and more durable whilst mesh plates offer a larger surface area and as a result can be more effective at ionizing water. Mesh plates can be more difficult to spray with platinum and this may leave the titanium below exposed.
- Water Options – When you choose a water ionizer, you will often find that you have several different water options to choose from. These water options offer you things like alkaline presets, acidity presets and a neutral setting. You should use the neutral setting for pure water. Acidic water should be used for cleaning whilst the alkaline option is for drinking and health benefits. You can also set the oxidation levels on most ionizers.
- Responsive touch controls – The best kinds of control panels for ionizers are touch screens. They are easy to read and have all the built-in features that you can choose from, available in just a few touches of the screen. This makes using the ionizer as easy and convenient as possible. The screen is usually made up of a mixture of text and buttons and is easy to use. You should ensure that the display is large enough for you to read if you have any visual impairment. Choosing a unit with variable backlight brightness may help you to read the display more easily.
- Warranties – You can find different lengths of ionizer warranty. Shorter-term warranties are usually offered on the lower cost ionizers. If you want a longer warranty, you will usually find that the higher quality ionizers have better warranties, including freedom lifetime warranties, which can give you complete peace of mind for many years to come. You should be aware that this does not usually cover accidental damages, and is normally only effective if the problem arises due to a fault or flaw in the manufacturing or installation of the unit. If you live in a hard water area, you should heck with the manufacturer to see if your warranty will still cover your unit. Often, warranties are not comprehensive enough to offer you protection against hard water problems that cause the unit to fail (check the best water softener options).
Buying Guide to Choosing the Best Water Ionizer Machine
- When choosing the ionizers for your home, you should make sure that you choose the best product for your needs. This is most important, as you need to be able to use it in your home for many years to come and should think about the various features that you’ll need, even if your circumstances change. If you have a large family or are planning on expanding your family, you should consider getting a water ionizer with a larger tank. The larger the tank, the more readily your water will be available. If the whole household is using the water, you may find that smaller tanks empty quickly and the process of ionization is not a particularly fast one. If you want an ionizer that works particularly quickly, you should look for ones with larger electrolysis plates or units that have more plates. Titanium is the most robust and lightweight plates that can be used in an ionizer.
- Build quality is another important aspect of any ionized water machine. If the unit seems to be delicate and flimsy, you will find that the ionizer won’t last as long as you need it to. You should choose ionizers that have strong titanium plates that are coated with a non-corrosive metal. Platinum coatings that have been dipped and not sprayed tend to be more reliable in ionizers. You should be sure that the transformer that is included with the onset is capable of powering the electrolysis plates as insufficient power can cause the unit to overheat. This will eventually lead to appliance failure.
- When you are choosing an ionizer, you should always make sure that the plates are large enough to ionizer the water quickly enough. A larger surface area means more effective ionization. This will save energy and will make the process much more effective overall. Plates that are too small will result in the ionizer overheating eventually and parts may start to fail. You can usually tell how effective the ionizer is by checking its maximum ORP level. This is the potency of the ionization. More plates don’t necessarily mean a larger surface area. You should make sure that you calculate the surface area overall as some ionizers have several smaller plates which do not equate to a particularly large surface area.
There are two different kinds of plates that can be used in the production of ionizers. These different types are mesh plates and solid plates. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. Mesh plates have holes in, and so they end up with a much larger surface area that solid plates, although with little maintenance, this can lead to a build-up of sediment between the holes in the mesh. It can also mean that the titanium plate is exposed if the platinum coating has been sprayed and not dipped. Solid plates have a smaller surface area but they can stay cleaner and you can be sure that they will be more likely to be fully coated in platinum than mesh plates. Solid plates are also usually thicker and more durable.
- Hard water is always a problem for ionizers. Obviously, the harder the water, the worse the situation is for ionizers. Hard water contains larger amounts of calcium, magnesium and other minerals and these are not desirable in many ionizers. If you know what you live in an era that has particularly hard water, you should make sure that you purchase an ionizer Thais able to handle hard water. Some warranties don’t cover hard water damage so you should check before you purchase the ionizer if you think that this is something that may affect you.
- When you choose a water ionizer, you should notice that it is able to self-clean. This is a feature that is available as standard on all electrode ionizers. The operation of this procedure is simple. The ionizer reverses the polarity of the electrolysis plates and this allows any sediment to be loosened from the plates. Usually self-cleaning happens automatically after each ionization process that the machine operates. Hard water can mean that your ionizer will need a more rigorous clean, so you should make sure that you choose a machine that can be opened and cleaned if you think that it may need this.
Counter Top or Under Sink Ionizer Machine?
When you are looking for the perfect ionizer for your home, there are two main styles to choose from. The countertop and the under sink ionizer. There are benefits for each kind of unit.
A countertop unit is installed beside your sink. It connects directly to your faucet to that you can enjoy safe drinking water instantly. The main drawback of this is that the ionizer has to be attached to the faucet at all times. Whilst this is ok for some users, others find that it is inconvenient. What some people do like about this unit is that the tube that attaches to the faucet is easy to install. It only takes around 5 minutes and can be removed with ease too. If you want to move your ionizer appliance from one location to another, for example, if you are moving between rented accommodations, you can easily take the unit with you.
If you don’t want to connect the countertop unit directly to the water line below your sink, then there are some countertops that do allow you to do this. One of the difficulties with this is that a pipe needs to be passed through the countertop. This is usually done using a soap dispenser drill hole in the sink.
Under sink units are preferable for those who have a little more room for an ionizer. These usually have much larger tanks than counter top ionizers. These can hold more water and as a result, offer the user a more continuous and reliable flow of ionized water. You won’t need to wait for the water to pass through the ionizer. The ionizer connects directly to the water line below your sink. This means that all pipework is hidden out of view. You will barely even notice the unit in your home.
Water Ionizer Benefits
- Health benefits – There are many great health benefits that can be gained by drinking or cleaning the skin with alkaline water. The digestive tract can be cleansed, whilst you will also notice that your skin becomes refreshed and rejuvenated. In order for your ionized water machine to produce alkaline water, you should choose a pH level that is above 7. Remember to stay within the guidelines however as it is possible to drink too much alkaline water.
- Drinking – If you don’t want to drink alkaline water and you simply want water that is safe to drink, you should set the acidity level to 7. This means that the water that comes out of the faucet will be neutral, although it will be filtered and pure. You will probably notice that it tastes better than your unfiltered water supply and it will be smooth too. If you choose to drink alkaline water, however, you should ensure that you drink alkaline water daily to enjoy all the benefits that it has to offer. The ionized water machine will ensure that you can measure exactly how much alkaline water you drink and how strong it is.
- Cleaning – Acidic water is effective at breaking down dirt when you are cleaning. It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals, though, so you can be sure that whatever you’re cleaning will not be harmed. You can use it for cleansing most things, including washing clothing and dishes and even for mopping the floor. You should ensure that you choose a pH level that is below 7. The lower the number, the more acidic the water will be.
- Simple installation – Modern water ionizers are not bad looking and can be installed to your countertop. They are usually fitted directly to your faucet, or they can be attached to the water line below your sink.
Water Ionizer Installation
Installing a water ionizer in your home will give you many benefits. If you choose the right unit, you can even have two separate outputs, one for alkaline water and one for acidic water. The alkaline water is used to drink and for cleansing the skin, whilst the acidic water can be used for cleaning tasks around the home. The installation process itself is not particularly complicated. You can have your water ionizer installed in just an hour or so.
The water that passes through the unit comes from your homes water supply. You usually don’t need to do much else apart from customizing the settings of the ionizer. As the water passes through the unit, it is filtered through a carbon filter. This process removes unwanted minerals and particles that may not be desirable to have in your water. Once it has been filtered, the water then passes into an electrolysis chamber, where the polarity of the particles in the water is changed to make it either alkaline or acidic.
Every ionizer comes with installation instructions however you will find that if you need to install the unit yourself, this can be a daunting task if you have never done it before. Even if you’ve got no plumbing experience, if you follow these simple steps, you can have your water ionizer installed in no time.
First of all, you need to make sure that you can position your ionizer close to your sink. Where you place the ionizer depends on the kind of unit that you purchase. Some are made to sit on your counter top, whilst others are designed to be tucked away in a cupboard under your sink. If you are still trying to decide which is the one for you, you should consider the different varieties and make sure that you choose one that will fit the layout of your home the best. The ionizer comes with a diverted that will send water to the ionizer when you need it. To access the water, you simply need to turn on your faucet. You may need a plumber to help you to install the unit if you need to connect it to your water line below the sink.
You will usually get a faucet converter with the ionizer. If this is not included, your local plumbing supply should have the adapter that you require.
To connect the faucet converter, you will need to attach the metal tubing to the ionizer and then remove the aerator from the faucet. You then need to attach the connected to the faucet. Teflon tape should be used to securely wrap the inlet. This creates a watertight seal and will prevent any leaking. A white hose is then connected to the ionizer. You should use a screwdriver to attach the inlet to the ionizer.
Once you have connected all the pipes and connectors, you should then attach the power. Simply plug the insider into the mains socket and turn the unit on.
Water Ionizer Brands
If you want to choose the best possible ionizer that will last you for a lifetime, it is important that you choose a manufacturer that you can rely on. There are many manufacturers of good ionizers on the market, but the best ionizer manufacturers are often the ones that only produce ionizers. If you have never owned an ionizer before, then you may not be familiar with many water ionizer brands or manufacturers. There are some ways of finding out which brands you can trust, however.
One of the most important things is establishing whether an ionizer manufacturer is credible. How long have they been set up? If you find that a manufacturer has been making ionizers for many years, then this may be a good indicator that this company is passionate about making high quality ionizers. A manufacturer that only has one or two models of ionizer and has not been operating for very long, however, may not be a good manufacturer to choose.
Some companies set themselves up on a whim to make money quickly. Usually, making money quickly means the company could cut corners and produce inferior products. If the manufacturer has not been around for very long, there will not be many ways to tell whether or not their products are reliable. It is often preferable to first time purchasers to avoid new companies.
If you have found a model of ionizer and you are unsure about whether it is a good brand or not, you should look at online forums and review sites to see what other buyers think of it. Whilst this can give some bad reviews where a particularly bad experience has happened on a one off basis, you’ll notice that other shoppers appear to be very happy. You can tell if a particular brand is good or bad, as it will have consistently good or bad reviews.
Another great way of telling whether or not a manufacturer is reliable is to find out if any professional bodies endorse them. There are some ionizers that have the seal of approval of certain agencies. If you are looking to take advantage of the health benefits that ionizers can offer, then you should look for the ionizers that are approved by medical professionals. Whilst these may not necessarily be the best possible ionizers that you can buy, the approval is enough to indicate that the manufacturer is one that you can trust.
Water Ionizer vs. Reverse Osmosis – Which Is Better?
The process of ionization softens hard water. Firstly, water is filtered to remove any impurities, usually with the use of a carbon filter. This is important, as inorganic compounds such as chemicals and unwanted sediment are removed from the water supply. After this, each particle in the water is ionized. Two sodium ions are exchanged in this process for every calcium or magnesium ion in the water. This is carried out by resin beads that exist in the system and once the ions have been exchanged, the resin beads are given their charge again. The pre-filtering is necessary, as the process of ionization alone is not enough to remove particles or bacteria from the water supply.
Another form of ionization is often used these days, which is known as electrode ionization. In this process, a continual ion exchange is provided in the water. An electrical current passes through the water and allows for a more efficient and faster ionization process as no recharging needs to take place. A resin-based system may seem like a more economical solution at first, and the initial outlay is, however the resin beads need frequent replacement and this can be costly. An electrode system is a little more expensive to purchase, but they require very little maintenance and often have a lifetime warranty.
Reverse osmosis is an economic alternative. This process can remove between 90 and 99% of all unwanted particles and contaminants in your home’s water supply. The system is quite basic in its operation. A semi-permeable membrane filter is used to filter the water over and over again. By passing through this filter, salts, minerals, metals and large particles are removed from the water, allowing only clean water to pass through. In order to force water through this very fine filtration membrane, a hydraulic system is used. This pressure forces the water through the filter and after it has been filtered, it flows into a drinking water collection tank. One of the major downsides to this process is the speed at which the filtering is done. It only allows around 15% of the water through the filter too, which can be wasteful.
There are various costs that you can expect to incur whether you choose a reverse osmosis system or an ionizer. An Ionizer is likely to cost anything from around $500 to over $1500. The cost of the ionizer depends mainly on the size of the unit that you are purchasing. If you want a unit with a larger tank, then the cost will be greater. You will need to replace the salt resin in the system every month if you choose a resin-based system. This gives you an additional cost for water ionizers compared to reverse osmosis machines. If you can afford a little more, you may want to consider choosing an electrode ionizer instead as these don’t require any maintenance.
An ionizer provides you with water that meets a specific pH level so that you can use it for either drinking or for cleaning. Reverse osmosis does not offer this as it serves to simply filter the water.
Water ionizers are great choices for most homes. As you can see from this useful buying guide, there are many great benefits to be enjoyed from drinking ionized water. You can also use ionized water to clean with. Remember to bear in mind the small number of disadvantages to using ionized water. Luckily, most ionizers give you the ability to set the level of acidity and alkalinity in the water so that you can control and measure the amount of alkaline water that you consume daily.
If you have a larger budget, you should try to purchase the best water ionizer for your money. You will probably find that the higher priced ionizers and best rated water ionizers are the ones with the larger tanks and better features, which means that you will be able to enjoy more reliable and instant ionized water. You can also choose between counter top and under sink models to suit your home layout. These water ionizer reviews give you an insight into some of the features that you can expect from these appliances.