One of the famous names among the manufacturers of home electrical appliances is GE or General Electric. It has attained a good reputation in the industry of the home water softening systems. They design and manufacture water softeners that help people with hard water problems in their homes. With their many years of experience in this field, they have proved to provide good quality and high performance of their products. To know more about the models and if their products are a good choice for combating hard water, read on our GE water softener reviews.
What Are The Best Water Softeners Made By GE?
GE has a line of water softeners with a wide range of models. To fit different households, they are made small and large with different capacity to fit any family size. The difference of the water softeners mentioned below is based on their size and grain capacity of softening the water. They also differ in options on how you can monitor their performance. Below are some of the most popular products and their reviews.
- GE GXSH45V 45,000 Grain Water Softener (Check on Amazon)
- GE GXSF30V 30,000 Grain Water Softener (Check on Amazon)
- GE 40,000 Grain Water Softener (Check on Amazon)
- GE GXSH45V 45,000 Grain Water Softener
- Capacity: 45,000 grain
- Dimensions: 22 7/16 x 47 5/8 x 14 7/16 inches
- Salt capacity: 230 lbs
- Water softening efficiency: 160 gpg
- Custom Select blending valve, Salt saving, Water saving, SmartSoft technology, sediment filter, high flow valve
- GE GXSF30V 30,000 Grain Water Softener
- Capacity: 30,000 grain
- Dimensions: 22 7/16 x 43 ¼ x 14 7/16 inches
- Salt capacity: 200 lbs
- Water softening efficiency: 95 gpg
- SmartSoft technology, Water saving technology, standard flow valve
Ge Water Softener Top Models’ Reviews
GE GXSH45V Water Softener
This GE model incorporates SmartSoft technology, designed to monitor your regular water consumption and thus delivering water on demand. This way you will not run out of soft running water in your house and at the same time save water.
Features and Benefits of GE GXSH45V:
- Programmable operation.
- Capacity: 45,100 grains.
- Water softening efficiency: maximum 160 GPG hardness removal and 10 ppm iron removal.
- The tank’s salt capacity is 230 lbs.
- Custom Select blending valve gives you the option of selecting the level of your water’s softness.
- Salt saving: the unit has reduced salt consumption.
- Water saving uses up to 35% less water compared to GE’s older models.
- Easy to use electronic controls with light indicators and interface. The unit will always notify you when you are low on salt and how many days are left to empty, so you won’t have to do any guessing when you need to refill the tank.
- SmartSoft technology: the unit learns the water use patterns of your family and adjusts the regeneration process.
- The sediment filter for the GE GXSH45V is self-cleaning, designed to protect your plumbing system.
- The approximate time of regeneration is about 139 minutes.
- Dimensions: 22 7/16 x 47 5/8 x 14 7/16 inches.
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- The unit comes with the complete installation kit.
- Includes a high flow valve.
- Warranty: for the entire appliance it’s 1 year limited warranty, for electronic motor – 3 year limited, and for the brine/resin tank – 10 year limited.
GE GXSF30V Water Softener
For a smaller household, a more suitable option can be the GE GXSF30V as it offers 30,000 grain capacity, which is usually enough for a household of 4 people. It also provides enhanced quality of water with energy saving features and prevents scale buildup, protecting your plumbing fixtures and appliances. The GXSF30V also comes with many handy features that make its operation easy and efficient.
Features and benefits of GE GXSF30V:
- Programmable operation and permanent settings memory, so if the power goes out the unit will still remember the mode you set it to.
- Capacity: 30,200 grains.
- Softening efficiency: 95 GPG of maximum hardness removal and 7 ppm of iron removal.
- SmartSoft technology: same as the model mentioned above, the GE GXSF30V uses the technology that adjusts the system to the water use patterns of your household, providing softened water at any needed time.
- Water saving technology.
- The unit always shows how many days are left to emptying the tank, so you won’t need to wonder when the time comes for refilling the salt tank.
- Salt capacity: 200 lbs.
- Electronic controls similar to those of the GXSH45V and status light indicator.
- Includes a standard flow valve.
- Dimensions: 22 7/16 x 43 ¼ x 14 7/16 inches.
- Weight: 81 lbs.
- Comes with everything needed for the installation.
- Warranty: 1 year limited for the entire unit, 3 year limited for electronic motor and 10 year limited for the brine/resin tank.
Pros of GE Water Softeners
- Manufactured by a reliable brand.
- The good warranty guarantees long lasting effectiveness.
- Easy installation and monitoring.
- Cost efficient with salt and water saving operation.
- Affordable price.
Most of the customers of the GE water softeners share the view that they are the best in their price range. In general, as mentioned in most GE 40,000 grain water softener reviews and GE 30000 grain unit reviews, the units last about 4-7 years. Like with any appliance, they can have issues from time to time, but to troubleshoot the problems, you can find a lot of information online and GE has great customer support service. In GE water softeners reviews there are no big issues that are worth mentioning, as there is no one big issue that many people have encountered.
In their new water softeners, the GE company has implemented new proprietary technologies, innovative engineering, a lot of research and testing. So buying a GE water softener, you can be sure that you are buying one of the best in the industry. They are available at reasonable prices and offer innovative solutions to effective water softening, removing mineral deposits and also purifying the water. To back up its effectiveness, there are many positive GE water softener reviews.