Water filter pitchers are a popular and convenient way to ensure that the water you drink is clean and safe. These pitchers come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials, but their primary function is to remove impurities from tap water. The most common types of contaminants that water filter pitchers can remove include chlorine, lead, and other harmful chemicals and metals.
When choosing a water filter pitcher, it’s important to consider the type of filter it uses. Some pitchers use activated carbon filters, while others use reverse osmosis or ceramic filters. The size of the pitcher is also an important factor to consider, as well as the length of time it takes for the filter to purify the water.
One critical thing to consider when purchasing a water filter pitcher is the filter replacement schedule. It’s important to replace the filter regularly to ensure that it continues to remove impurities effectively. Most manufacturers recommend replacing the filter every two to three months, but this can vary depending on the quality of the water in your area and how often you use the pitcher.
Best Water Filter Pitchers
Are you looking for a way to enjoy clean and fresh-tasting water without the hassle of constantly buying bottled water? Look no further than a water filter pitcher! These pitchers use activated carbon and other filtering materials to remove impurities and improve the taste of your tap water. We’ve compiled a list of the best water filter pitchers on the market to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
[affiai asin=”B09W4PLVQP” template=”box”]
[affiai asin=”B01FXN3E74″ template=”box”]
The Brita Water Filter Pitcher is BPA-free and comes with a Standard filter that can replace up to 300 16.9 oz plastic bottles, making it an eco-friendly choice.
- Reduces up to 99% of lead, chlorine, cadmium, mercury, benzene, asbestos, microplastics, and more
- 10 cups version fits perfectly on most refrigerator shelves, making it easy to access and pour
- Easy-fill lid and flip-top for effortless refilling
- Compatible with Elite and Standard water filters
- Small 6-cup capacity version requires frequent refilling
- Filter replacement every 40 gallons or 2 months can be costly over time
- Slow filtration process compared to other water filter pitchers
- The lid can be tricky to remove, and sometimes the whole filter unit comes out with it.
Our verdict: Size makes it easy to fit in most fridges, version with electronic indicator ensures that you always know when it’s time to change the filter. However, the small capacity may require frequent refilling and the replacement filters can add up over time.
[affiai asin=”B07C3P2RZP” template=”box”]
If you’re looking for a reliable and long-lasting water filter pitcher that improves the taste of your water, the Waterdrop 200-Gallon Long-Life Lucid 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher is a great choice.
- NSF42 and 372 certifications, ensuring high-quality carbon fiber and reducing chlorine and other substances.
- The filter lifespan of up to 200 gallons or 3 months is 5x that of competing products.
- Flow rate is also 5x that of competing products.
- Design allows it to be placed on most fridge doors.
- Spout lid helps keep dust and other particles from getting into the pitcher.
- The filter replacements can be expensive, so you may need to budget ahead for them.
- The pitcher’s capacity may not be enough for larger households or frequent water drinkers.
- This system does not lower TDS value, so if you prefer low TDS value.
The Waterdrop 200-Gallon Long-Life Lucid 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher is a reliable, long-lasting water filter pitcher that improves the taste of your water. Efficient filtration provides filtered drinking water anytime, anywhere.
Our verdict: The intelligent indicator allows you to monitor water quality at any time, and the pitcher is very easy to refill without even needing to remove the lid. Fast flow and less frequent filter replacement are both strong points for the Waterdrop.
[affiai asin=”B09WBL9HCS” template=”box”]
A reliable and efficient water filter dispenser, the Brita UltraMax is a great choice for busy families, sports teams, and offices.
- Extra-large capacity can hold 27 cups of water, enough to fill nine 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Filters out chlorine, mercury, copper, and more for cleaner, tastier water
- Fridge-friendly design with easy-locking lid and precision pour spigot
- No indicator to replace the filter
- Changing the filter can be a bit difficult
- Some users have reported leaks from the spigot
The Brita UltraMax is made without BPA and includes one Brita Standard Filter, which should be changed every 40 gallons or approximately every 2 months. The filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to change the filter, making it easy to maintain. The dispenser is also compatible with Elite and Longlast filters.
Our verdict: Overall, the Brita UltraMax is a reliable and convenient water filtration system that can help you save money and reduce your environmental impact and doesn’t need to be refilled constantly. If you’re in the market for a high capacity water filter pitcher, this dispenser is worth considering.
Features to Consider
When choosing the best water filter pitcher, there are several features to consider. Here are some of the most important ones:
|Look for a filter that lasts a long time before needing to be replaced.
|There are different types of filters, such as activated carbon and ion exchange. Consider which one is best for your needs.
|Choose a pitcher with a capacity that fits your household’s needs.
|Consider the pitcher’s design, such as its shape, size, and color, to make sure it fits your preferences.
|Compare prices of different pitchers to find one that fits your budget.
There are different types of filters to choose from when selecting a water filter pitcher. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Activated Carbon – removes chlorine, bad taste, and odors
- Ion Exchange – removes heavy metals and minerals
- Reverse Osmosis – removes impurities through a semi-permeable membrane
- UV – uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses
Consider which type of filter would be best for your specific needs.
When choosing a water filter pitcher, capacity is an important factor to consider. Think about how many people will be using the pitcher and how much water will be consumed each day. Some pitchers have a capacity of just a few cups, while others can hold several liters of water. Larger reservoirs may be too heavy to fill while smaller ones may need to be refilled every other time they are used.
Water filter pitchers can vary widely in price, so it’s important to consider your budget when making a purchase. Keep in mind that a higher price doesn’t always mean better quality. Compare prices and read reviews to find a pitcher that fits your budget and meets your needs. Remember to consider the filter lifespan, type, capacity, design, and price when choosing the best water filter pitcher for your household.